Sunday 8 May 2011

So proud...

There are few things in life that genuinely tug at the old heart strings. I'm an emotional chap at the best of times but yesterday when my son and his beautiful bride Rachel got wed, well that took some beating.
       The majestic surroundings of Wynyard Hall down in sunny Teesside was the reception venue after a lovely service at St John's church in Billingham. Was the bride late? Nope! But the organist was and after frantic phone calls he duly arrived at 10 past 12. He thought the wedding was at 2pm! Now as a wedding photographer if I had done that...
       I am sure many of you are asking the question 'Did you take the pictures'? Of course not. I left that to my trusty trigger happy pal Brian and his lovely wife Kath. If you want to look him up he's here: www.brianjobson.co.uk and you can check for yourself his picture taking abilities. No, I was there to enjoy the occasion. Soak up the atmosphere. Dab eyes with a hankie and hold my wife's hand at the right time. Emotions were high during the speeches as you would expect and everyone looked fantastic.
       It was really strange being on the other side of the camera and even though as professionals we don't just shoot images on someones big day, we re-assure, guide, and make people feel at ease. Now I can appreciate what all these families are going through and that in itself will make me a better photographer!
The snap below shows my lovely wife Susan and my good self (after a few drinks but still coherent) and was taken by our niece Rebbecca.
 
       So if you do get the chance to attend a wedding as a guest, then leave your 'pro' kit at home. If you want to take the odd snap, then grab your handy compact and leave the the serious stuff to the pro. After all that's what he's getting paid for!

Finally good luck for the future you two, we love you both. Dad & Mam xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment